Author Topic: ANNOUNCING: rFactor2 StockCars SCSR Carset  (Read 666 times)

19 Doug Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • Car Owner
    • SimHQ Motorsports
Introduction

Earlier this year SCSR rFactor2 leagues asked members to move to Steam soon as possible since Studio-397 announced it would be the only updated version of rFactor2 moving forward.

We then encouraged you to register your car number and participate in SCSR Race Ready.

Next, Studio-397 brought out version 1108 which is the first Steam only version of rFactor2.

Now, IMRS, HORL, and SimHQ Motorsports are introducing the SCSR Carset for rFactor 2 Steam. This is the final step in an evolution from earlier efforts to race StockCars in rFactor 2.

While IMRS, HORL, and SimHQ Motorsports are committed to the SCSR Carset, as SCSR grows, other leagues may or may not decide to use the carset. It is a management decision at the league level.

The SCSR Carset contains all the drivers who have licensed car numbers and have submitted custom car files. As more drivers provide licensed custom car skin files, they will be added to the SCSR Carset.

Subscribe / Install

To add the SCSR Carset, you simply need to SUBSCRIBE HERE to the rFactor2 Steam WorkShop file. The next time you start Steam and rFactor2, it will add the SCSR Carset to your files inventory. It behaves just like subscribing via WorkShop to a track.

Accessing Cars

Once WorkShop installs your SCSR Carset file, you can access the cars from your rFactor2 menu exactly like you are currently doing. Scroll down to "SCSR" and click it. The sub-name "StockCar" will appear and everyone who has a car(s) in the set will be listed in order by car number. Clicking on each link to a car shows which paint scheme is currently selected. After selecting your car, join the server and you're ready to go!

Custom Car Skins

Each driver can have up to 3 car paint schemes per registered car number. If you want to add or replace a custom car scheme, add your file information to this thread. The second post in this thread explains the information you need to provide.

Update Frequency

For January and February 2017, the carset will be updated twice each month almost weekly. Subsequent updates starting in March will be one update per month.

NOTE: By posting your files in this thread you are agreeing to them being added to the SCSR Carset, and the rFactor2 rfcmp file containing them being distributed in Steam Workshop available for open subscription. If at any time you would like to have your cars removed, please send a PM to one of the SCSR admins. We will offer to paint a generic car for you in a solid color with your approved car number attached. Thank you for your cooperation with the SCSR Carset!

File(s) Submission

Car files must be uploaded BEFORE the deadlines below. If the deadline is missed, cars will be added to the next update.

Sunday, January 29th, 11pm Eastern Time USA (EST)
Sunday, February 12th, 11pm Eastern Time USA (EST)
Sunday, February 26th, 11pm Eastern Time USA (EST)

Monthly deadline starting in March 2017:
15th of each month, 11pm Eastern Time USA (EST)

You can upload your files here.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 01:58:41 PM by 19 Doug Atkinson »
System Specifications: Intel i7-4790K / 16GB 1066 RAM / NVIDIA 980 GFX / Samsung SSDs / Internet 50MB down, 5MB up

72 Larry Jones

• SCSR Active Members
  • Gas Man
I guess I'll be the only one that doesn't understand it.  I'm already seeing paint schemes in the game, and others tell me they see mine, so what is the "carset" doing different?

19 Doug Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • Car Owner
    • SimHQ Motorsports
I guess I'll be the only one that doesn't understand it.  I'm already seeing paint schemes in the game, and others tell me they see mine, so what is the "carset" doing different?

Larry,

Should answer your questions.

http://stockcarsimracing.com/garage2/index.php?topic=1219.0

If anything else you can think of, post in here.

System Specifications: Intel i7-4790K / 16GB 1066 RAM / NVIDIA 980 GFX / Samsung SSDs / Internet 50MB down, 5MB up

32 Deuce Michaels

• SCSR Active Members
  • Gas Man
is someone making those car selection screens w/info or how do you make those and where do they go??

83 Don Kelligrew

• System Specs.
  • Global Moderator
  • Car Owner
  • if at first you don't succeed, try try agsin
is someone making those car selection screens w/info or how do you make those and where do they go??

Hey Deuce

Which screens do you mean? The ones in the tunning page? If so, they are dds files created from a screenshot of the car in the showroom, edited in photoshop, saved as a dds in 1024x1024px and as 512x512 px and saved as (file name)icon.dds and (file name)SMicon and added to the teams.mas file in the rfcmp. They are created and added to the files as the rfcmp is created.

is this the screen? This is from the Carset I am working on for a special event in the near future

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 03:26:02 PM by 83 Don Kelligrew »
System Specs: Windows 7 64 bit,  Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.40 GHZ clocked to 4.44 GHZ,  8.0 g DDR3 RAM,  MSI Nvdia GeForce GTX960 gaming video card/2G memory,  OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SATA III SSD,  Internet 5k up/ 50k down

32 Deuce Michaels

• SCSR Active Members
  • Gas Man
yup that is what i was referring to . so i make this myself and send it where??

19 Doug Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • Car Owner
    • SimHQ Motorsports

Hi Deuce. They're made when I put together the carset updates. I have a template I use for each of the sizes Don mentioned.

When someone wants to add another car to their "stable", they just submit the files and we take it from there.

Submitting new skins information is here:
http://stockcarsimracing.com/garage2/index.php?topic=1220.0

SCSR drivers with registered car numbers can have 3 car skins in the carset at any one time.

83 Don Kelligrew

• System Specs.
  • Global Moderator
  • Car Owner

It is not necessary for you to make these. We will take of it when we add the skin to the Carset. All you need to do is up load your Car/Pitbox/Helmet dds files. The Car is the only one that is absolutely necessary, helmet and pitbox are optional.
System Specs: Windows 7 64 bit,  Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.40 GHZ clocked to 4.44 GHZ,  8.0 g DDR3 RAM,  MSI Nvdia GeForce GTX960 gaming video card/2G memory,  OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SATA III SSD,  Internet 5k up/ 50k down

38 Clayton Wiggin

• SCSR Active Members
  • Jack Man
    • Ansible Gaming
Don what are the dimensions of those photos ? I'd like to make mine myself.

Also I did not realize SCSR had 329 members. That is the current number of people subscribed to the car pack. A bit disconcerting when I think about it. Means a ton of random people are driving around with our paint schemes.

Then that also brings up who "owns" the paint schemes, the painters or SCSR as they are being freely distrusted.

I'm easy though, can "painted by" be added somewhere on the images ?   

Is it possible to organize the cars by teams in the selection section instead if individual cars ?  This would cut down on the amount of scrolling once everyone has at least one car and make everything easier. Selecting alternative skins could be done in the tuning section.

- Wiggin
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 12:11:08 AM by 38 Clayton Wiggin »
Call me Wiggin!
Ansible Gaming
Ansible Racing
Steam Profile
System Specs CPU: i7-4790k GPU: 980TI RAM: 16GB DDR3

19 Doug Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • Car Owner
    • SimHQ Motorsports

38 Clayton Wiggin

• SCSR Active Members
  • Jack Man
    • Ansible Gaming
SCSR Carset v1.2 released

Wait, where was this information regarding the 4th being a submission date ?
Call me Wiggin!
Ansible Gaming
Ansible Racing
Steam Profile
System Specs CPU: i7-4790k GPU: 980TI RAM: 16GB DDR3

83 Don Kelligrew

• System Specs.
  • Global Moderator
  • Car Owner
The submission dates remain the same, it is up to the Carset developer when he/she wants to release an update

19 Doug Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • Car Owner
    • SimHQ Motorsports
Hi Wiggin.

The original deadline was January 15th at 11pm EST. It is still the next deadline. :)

I slipped in carset v1.2 last night because we had several cars to add, and a few to correct. I'll be posting (almost) weekly updates until we go monthly in March. The updated (almost) weekly schedule is in the first post of this thread.

SCSR Carset v1.2 released

Wait, where was this information regarding the 4th being a submission date ?

19 Doug Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • Car Owner
    • SimHQ Motorsports
SCSR Carset v1.4 has just been published to the Steam WorkShop.

SCSR Carset v1.4 (there was no public v1.3 version released) contains all the cars uploaded at the time of this post. Next official deadline for car uploads is Sunday, January 15th.

After a lot of hours of testing and scratching our heads, we think the bugs are squished. In testing the lag jerking when someone joins or leaves the server is gone, the Car Select button problem is gone, and the non-saved configuration problem is gone.

Huge kudos to Garry Cross and Don Kelligrew for testing and unearthing the problems. Garry was the person who found the solution, and much thanks go to him. Don has spent a lot of his time testing and confirming things are working. The problems were partly to do with how Steam (or how rF2 in Steam) updates files, how a setting was written in the individual car veh files, and naming in Steam WorkShop. There were some other elements but that covers them generally. Now what we didn't and couldn't do is load up a 25 car field to see if all is well. But in multi-car testing it showed no sign of a problem. Lets see how it behaves this coming week during the practice races.

Those of you who have subscribed to the carset should get the prompt for downloading next time you start rFactor2. If you do not, close Steam and rFactor2, then reopen them and it should start the download.

A suggestion to run the verify cache utility after the download is complete. It is located in the Steam browser by right clicking on rFactor2 > Properties > Local Files tab > Verify Integrity of Game Cache. 

If you have problems, I'll be in the SCSR Tech Support channel of Teamspeak tomorrow (Monday) for most of the afternoon.

- Doug

5 Joel Brown

• Global Moderator
  • Crew Chief
When a new carset comes out do we need to keep the old carset ?  How are we supposed to delete the old carsets if we don't need them ?  rf2 Launcher doesn't let you. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 11:26:22 AM by 5 Joel Brown »
System Specs: CPU: Intel i7-6700k 4.0ghz 16gb Memory  Video: GTX460 2gb