Author Topic: HORL Summer Season 2017  (Read 1584 times)

83 Don Kelligrew

• System Specs.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Forum Spammer
  • if at first you don't succeed, try try agsin

2017 HORL SUMMER SEASON

HORL  is pleased to Announce its 2017 Summer Season Schedule

June       2, 2017 - Dover International Speedway
June       9, 2017 - Pocono Raceway
June     16, 2017 - Michigan International Speedway
June     23, 2017 - Sonoma Raceway - If not available - Road America
June     30, 2017 - Daytona International Speedway
July        7, 2017 - Kentucky Speedway
July      14, 2017 - New Hampshire Motor Speedway
July      21, 2017 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway
July      28, 2017 - Pocono Raceway
Auguet  4, 2017 - Watkins Glen International
August 11, 2017 - Michigan International Speedway
Auguet 18, 2017 - Bristol Motor speedway

The races will follow the same format as last season. With the 2 30 lap Qualifier races and the main 70 lap points race.

Server Information;

Server Name: StockCarSimRacing.com-Fri
Setups:          Fixed
Rules:            Full w/o DQ
Track:            Start on Green surface and rubber in during all sessions to Race
Weather:        Clear, Temperature 75f/20c

Server Times (approximate);

Practice Starts:   7:00pm EDT
Race 1 Qualify:   8:00pm EDT
Drivers meeting: 8:05pm EDT
Race 1 Start:      8:10pm EDT
Race 2 Qualify:   8:30pm EDT
Drivers meeting: 8:35pm EDT
Race 2 Start:      8:40pm EDT
Race 2 Qualify:   9:15pm EDT (will not start before this time)
Drivers meeting: 9:20pm EDT
Race 2 Start:      9:30pm EDT (will not start before this time)

The rules will remain basically the same, with the addition of;

Pitting
1. Drivers will be required to announce on the in game messaging system when they are pitting (you will need to set up a chat
    button for this), we also would like to continue announcing on Teamspeak, but the in game messaging will be required.

Race Eligibility
2. Drivers will be required to participate in race 1 or 2 to eligible to enter race 3.

Teamspeak
3. Any Driver who calls out/flames (derogatory comments) another driver or drivers on public Teamspeak, will have a lap deducted from their final results. We all try to do our best, some drivers are better than others, some drivers just need more seat time. HORL is intended to be a place where we can all race together without worry or concern of being ridiculed by our peers. At HORL we encourage the more experienced drivers to lend a hand to help the newer drivers get a handle on the sim and learn what they need to know about Oval Track Racing.
    This will be cumulative if you do it more than once you get a lap deducted per comment. Admin decision is final

4. Drivers using vulgar language will also get a lap deduction and may be banned from the series for the remainder of the season.  Admin decision is final

I have updated the HORL Rules for the new season, please read them to ensure you understand as a Driver what is expected from you. The rules are here: http://stockcarsimracing.com/garage2/index.php?topic=828.msg2366#msg2366

We had a great 2017 Spring Season with a lot of new and competitive drivers. Congratulations to 71 Jim Barisoff for His Championship drive last season. Jim proved that consistency and strong finishes are all you need to do good it these series's. after all the fastest car doesn't always win. Great job on your season and a well deserved Championship.  Also to the top 3 championship drivers good job guys, fell a little short on this one, watch as they to make a run at the Championship this season.

We have the new servers up and running and we should expect to see more stable connections and less lag. With S397 getting the training wheels off DX11 and improvements in the rules plugin, I see the racing only get better, add to that the quality of drivers we have the Summer season should be a very competitive fun series.

Please note: With the Summer season approaching and the possibility of my work schedule changing, we may have to take a look at the start times and format for the series, until more help can be arranged or a better idea of what my schedule will look like, we may have to change it up in the future, but for now it will remain as above.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:11:58 AM by 83 Don Kelligrew »
System Specs: Windows 7 64 bit,  Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.40 GHZ clocked to 4.44 GHZ,  8.0 g DDR3 RAM,  MSI Nvdia GeForce GTX960 gaming video card/2G memory,  OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SATA III SSD,  Internet 15k up/ 150k down

71 Jim Barisoff

• SCSR Active Members
  • Crew Chief
Arrgh! Two road courses! You're making sure I don't win any more season championships. LOL
System Specs: Windows 7 64 bit,  Intel Core i5-4590 @ 3.30 GHZ, 16.0 g DDR3 RAM,  ASRock Z97 mb, AMD Radeon R9-200 video card/4GB memory,  Crucial 240GB SATA III SSD,  Internet 150mbps up/ 150mbps down.

12 John Stanley

• SCSR Active Members
  • Gas Man
Yea, with two road courses and no dropped races that eliminates a lot of the drivers. Oh well it is what it is, I'll miss  quite a few races being away camping during the summer anyway.  :)

83 Don Kelligrew

• System Specs.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Forum Spammer
Yea, with two road courses and no dropped races that eliminates a lot of the drivers. Oh well it is what it is, I'll miss  quite a few races being away camping during the summer anyway.  :)

We will be dropping 2 races the same as last season, the road courses are there to keep pace with the Current NASCAR schedule
System Specs: Windows 7 64 bit,  Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.40 GHZ clocked to 4.44 GHZ,  8.0 g DDR3 RAM,  MSI Nvdia GeForce GTX960 gaming video card/2G memory,  OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SATA III SSD,  Internet 15k up/ 150k down

83 Don Kelligrew

• System Specs.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Forum Spammer

Race Friday June 2, 2017

PLEASE NOTE THE TIME CHANGES
    - We have adjusted the times to better reflect the race start times (please note times are approximate, as they depend on other races to complete).
    - We will be using the Steam Workshop to download the rfmods for the races: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904274597

Server Name                    - StockCarSimRacing.com Fri
Event Name                     - Stockcar Ovals - HORL Fridays

Track                                       - Dover International Speedway

Practice                            - 7:00 pm EDT
Race 1 Qualify                 - 8:00 pm EDT
Race 1 30 laps                 - 8:15 pm EDT
Race 2 Qualify                 - 8:45 pm EDT
Race 2 30 laps                 - 8:50 pm EDT
Race 3 Qualify                 - 9:15 pm EDT
Race 3 70 laps                 - 9:30 pm EDT (Will not start before designated time may be delayed up to 30 min)

Setups - Fixed
Tries - Normal
Fuel - 2 times
Damage - 50%
Flags - Full w/o DQ

The server will not be password for races 1/2, Teamspeak is not required for races 1or 2 (highly recommended) but you will need it for race 3, as server will be reset after race 2 with password added and the password will only be audible in teamspeak. Teamspeak address =71.65.217.117:9988 pw=scsr

Driving Tips

This week we head extremely fast 1 mile 'Monster Mile' oval at Dover. The track is a tricky one to drive with its high banks and concrete surface, the track has a tendency to take to most out any driver. As always keep an eye on the right front tire and save it as best you can, be careful not to get the car too lose on the exit, use track bar and your foot to adjust for that. A great track and fun place to race, the track has 2 grooves and both race very well.  I look forward to seeing you all there.

Pit entrance for this track will be on entry of turn 3 and exiting pits remain to the inside and merge on backstretch. Pit Road Speed here is 50 mph or 80 kph

The Event has been updated in the workshop and you can practice off line by selecting the Event in the list in 'Series' The setup we will be using is attached below.

Required;

Track - All tracks we run at are available for download in the Steam Workshop.
           - I have created a collection and listed them here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=902354102

SCSR CARset - Available in the Seam Workshop here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=898736067

SCSR Pace Car - Available in the Steam Workshop here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=898795045

SCSR HORL Race Events- Available in the Steam workshop here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904274597

Come out and join us for some fun laps at this track, there will be experienced drivers there if you having issues, need some driving tips or general help, fell free to ask, were there to help

58 Mitchell Smith

• SCSR Active Members
  • Gas Man
To be honest, I rather Teamspeak be mandatory than have additional chat messages in game. They're distracting as it is, especially on an oval course.

Using a mobile and driving is illegal because it causes accidents. Same principle here. Making text-based messages mandatory seems like an oxymoron.

I have free time for the next month or two. I'll attend as many races as I can.

83 Don Kelligrew

• System Specs.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Forum Spammer
I would prefer you guys don't text while you drive. You can assign the chat message to a wheel/keyboard button.

58 Mitchell Smith

• SCSR Active Members
  • Gas Man
The server seems to be down for Friday's race.

EDIT: All good now. Cheers.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 01:53:26 AM by 58 Mitchell Smith »

83 Don Kelligrew

• System Specs.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Forum Spammer

Race Friday June 16, 2017

- We have adjusted the times to better reflect the race start times (please note times are approximate, as they depend on other races to complete).
    - We will be using the Steam Workshop to download the rfmods for the races: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904274597

Track                                       - Michigan International Speedway

Race 3 70 laps                 - 9:30 pm EDT (Will not start before designated time may be delayed up to 30 min)

Setups - Fixed
Tries - Normal
Fuel - 2 times
Damage - 50%
Flags - Full w/o DQ

The server will not be password for races 1/2, Teamspeak is not required for races 1or 2 (highly recommended) but you will need it for race 3, as server will be reset after race 2 with password added and the password will only be audible in teamspeak. Teamspeak address =71.65.217.117:9988 pw=scsr

Driving Tips

This week we head to the wide open sweeping turns at the Michigan International Speedway, everyone loves this track. The track has multiple grooves, the long straights and wide turns make this track fun to drive. With lots of side by side racing and close finishes its one of the most popular among drivers. As always tire wear is important over the long run, use the track bar to adjust as the car tightens up as fuel burns off. The cars will tend to be loose in traffic and on cold tires, be patient, race the track and you will get a good finish.

Pit entrance for this track will be on entry of turn 3 and exiting pits remain to the inside and merge on backstretch. Pit Road Speed here is 50 mph or 80 kph

The Event has been updated in the workshop and you can practice off line by selecting the Event in the list in 'Series' The setup we will be using is attached below.

Required;

Track - All tracks we run at are available for download in the Steam Workshop.
           - I have created a collection and listed them here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=902354102

SCSR CARset - Available in the Seam Workshop here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=898736067

SCSR Pace Car - Available in the Steam Workshop here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=898795045

SCSR HORL Race Events- Available in the Steam workshop here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904274597

Come out and join us for some fun laps at this track, there will be experienced drivers there if you having issues, need some driving tips or general help, fell free to ask, were there to help
[/quote]

9 Garry Cross

• League Admin-ONL
  • Jack Man
An observation of my driving. I hear everything on Teamspeak. I often miss messages on text chat. If a chat message comes up at a critical spot, I will miss it with no way of seeing what it was. If someone talks while I am in the same situation, I will definitely not miss what they say.
Just a bit of feedback, and I don't race in this series. :)

83 Don Kelligrew

• System Specs.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Forum Spammer

Race Friday June 23, 2017

Track                                       - Road America

Race 1 15 laps                 - 8:15 pm EDT
Race 2 15 laps                 - 8:50 pm EDT
Race 3 30 laps                 - 9:30 pm EDT (Will not start before designated time may be delayed up to 30 min)

Setups - Fixed
Tries - Normal
Fuel - 2 times
Damage - 50%
Flags - Black only

Driving Tips

This week we head to the road course to take on the track at Road America. A fun track located near Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. the cars drive well at this track and can be lots of fun. try to get into practice early to familiarize yourself with the track layout and braking points. there will be a pitstop required for all three races and staying on the track will be a key factor in getting a good finish

Pit entrance for this track will be to the right going up the hill on the front stretch and exiting pits remain to the inside and merge on when clear. Pit Road Speed here is 50 mph or 80 kph

Required;

Track - Available in the Seam Workshop here:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=754710490&searchtext=road

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 12:56:47 PM by 83 Don Kelligrew »

83 Don Kelligrew

• System Specs.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Forum Spammer

Race Friday June 30, 2017

Track                                       - Daytona International Speedway

Race 1 20 laps                 - 8:15 pm EDT
Race 2 20 laps                 - 8:50 pm EDT
Race 3 50 laps                 - 9:30 pm EDT (Will not start before designated time may be delayed up to 30 min)

Setups - Fixed
Tries - Normal
Fuel - 2 times
Damage - 50%
Flags - Black only

Driving Tips

This week we head to the wide open restricter plate track at Daytona international Speedway. A fun track located near Daytona Beach, Florida. The cars drive well at this track and can be lots of fun. Try to get into practice early to familiarize yourself with the track layout , be sure to set your car up so that you have minimal weaving on the track and can hold a straight line. It is very important here to be able to draft, weaving around in your lane affects this draft and how fast you and the other cars can go each lap. Also be careful bump drafting here, these cars don't slide easily across the bumpers and only the front 2 cars in the pack/line should be doing any pushing. If your in the back, be patient, save gas, try and pick the best line for you and work your way to the front. There will be a pitstop required for all three races practice your pit entry, a speeding penalty here could cost you the race.

Pit entrance for this track will be as you exit turn 4 on the front stretch and exiting pits merge onto the track into turn 1, STAY on the bottom until you clear turn 2, you may move into your racing line then, if the way is clear.

Required;

Tracks - Available in the Seam Workshop here:
   Daytona  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=648773007
   Michigan  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=657011133
   Portland   http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=940553754

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 01:28:31 AM by 83 Don Kelligrew »

83 Don Kelligrew

• System Specs.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Forum Spammer

Race Friday July 7, 2017

Track                                       - Eagle Creek Speedway

Setups - Fixed
Tries - Normal
Fuel - 2 times
Damage - 50%
Flags - Black only

Driving Tips

This week we head to Eagle Creek Speedway a fun 1.5 mile oval. this track offers up multi-groove racing and lots of side by side racing with close finishes. The setup drives well here and this track is a lot of fun to drive. be careful as always not to heat up the tires too much, as more heat causes excessive wear and can make the cars loose or tight.

Congratulations to 38 Clay Wiggin for picking up his First win here at HORL last Friday, great driving, glad to see you pick up that win, not easy to do with the competitive fields we have here at HORL Fridays

Pit Road speed here is 50 mph/80 kph, Pit entrance for this track will be as you exit turn 4 on the front stretch and exiting pits merge onto the track into turn 1, STAY on the bottom until you clear turn 2, you may move into your racing line then, if the way is clear.

Required;

Track - I have created a collection in the workshop, you can find it here:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=902354102

[/quote]
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 02:03:28 AM by 83 Don Kelligrew »

83 Don Kelligrew

• System Specs.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Forum Spammer

Race Friday July 14, 2017

Track                                       - New Hampshire Motor Speedway

Setups - Fixed
Tries - Normal
Fuel - 2 times
Damage - 50%
Flags - Black only

Driving Tips

This week we head to New Hampshire Motor Speedway a flat 1.0 mile oval. This track offers up multi-groove and lots of side by side racing with close finishes. This track requires some braking on entry to the turns and can be loose if you gas it too much on exit. Try to get a rhythm going and work on tire management, As always try not to heat up the tires too much, as more heat causes excessive wear and can make the cars loose or tight.
   The server is currently set with open setups we will try to have a fixed setup in place by Wednesday July 12, 2017. Until then I have attached the setup we are working on, you may join the server and use it or work on something yourself, if you come up with a setup you would like to share you can post it here or in the Setups Garage.

Congratulations to 90 Todd Robillard for picking the win here at HORL last Friday, great driving, fun race to watch, only 3 cautions with an exciting GWC finish at the end.

Pit Road speed here is 50 mph/80 kph, Pit entrance for this track will be as you exit turn 4 on the front stretch and exiting pits merge onto the track into turn 1, STAY on the bottom until you clear turn 2, you may move into your racing line then, if the way is clear.

I have updated the HORL Rules to include the following;
   Teamspeak
    "Do not flame on Teamspeak, if you having a problem/issue with another driver, please refrain from arguing over group
    channel, take it outside. Flaming comes with a harsh, immediate Stop/go penalty (to be served under green) and stiff penalty and
    possible ejection from the league. "

We are serious , you will be penalized or removed from the race. THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU HIT THE BUTTON

Penalties
    - you have 15 laps to serve your penalty, do not panic, communicate with the admins
    - We will not clear EOL penalties if you go down pit road.
    - We will not clear Stop and Go Penalties if you change lanes before the start/finish line on the restart.
    - We will clear Stop and Go penalties if you clear them with the Admin prior to the green
    - We will clear illegal passing on the restart, if you clear it with the admin, after the green flies.
    - All penalties must be communicated to the admins, it is your responsibility to ensure you are heard, there is sometimes a lot of TS
      chatter, don't over talk, you have 15 laps to get your message to the admins, but make sure you are heard.

Required;

Track - I have created a collection in the workshop, you can find it here:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=902354102

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 11:09:28 PM by 83 Don Kelligrew »

83 Don Kelligrew

• System Specs.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Forum Spammer

Race Friday July 21, 2017

Track                                       - Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Race 1 20 laps                 - 8:15 pm EDT
Race 2 20 laps                 - 8:50 pm EDT
Race 3 50 laps                 - 9:30 pm EDT (Will not start before designated time may be delayed up to 30 min)

Setups - Fixed
Tries - Normal
Fuel - 2 times
Damage - 50%
Flags - Full w/o DQ

Driving Tips

This week we head to Indianapolis Motor Speedway probably the most famous track we race at. 2.5 miles in length, with short doglegs between corners 1/2 and 3/4 leads to some very high straightaway speeds approaching 210 mph and high speeds through the corners. The setup drives well here and is good on tires over the long run, be careful with the car getting loose on corner entry and especially in the draft, as your corner entry speed will much higher, added to the dirty aid from the car ahead of you, makes the car a little tricky getting into the corners. Be careful not to drive it in too deep as that will cause excessive heat in the rf and make it wear quicker
   The server is currently set with fixed setup we will be running for the race, hop on and run some laps when you can, more importantly get to the practice session early to get some time to run in traffic and 'get a feel' for the car.

Congratulations to 26 Travis Joiner for picking the win here at HORL last Friday, great driving, dominating performance.

Pit Road speed here is 55 mph/88 kph, Pit entrance for this track will be after you exit turn 4 on the front stretch and exiting pits stay on the access road until you reach the end of turn 2

I have updated the HORL Rules to include the following;
   Teamspeak
    "Do not flame on Teamspeak, if you having a problem/issue with another driver, please refrain from arguing over group
    channel, take it outside. Flaming comes with a harsh, immediate Stop/go penalty (to be served under green) and stiff penalty and
    possible ejection from the league. "

We are serious , you will be penalized or removed from the race. THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU HIT THE BUTTON

Penalties
    - you have 15 laps to serve your penalty, do not panic, communicate with the admins
    - We will not clear EOL penalties if you go down pit road.
    - We will not clear Stop and Go Penalties if you change lanes before the start/finish line on the restart.
    - We will clear Stop and Go penalties if you clear them with the Admin prior to the green
    - We will clear illegal passing on the restart, if you clear it with the admin, after the green flies.
    - All penalties must be communicated to the admins, it is your responsibility to ensure you are heard, there is sometimes a lot of TS
      chatter, don't over talk, you have 15 laps to get your message to the admins, but make sure you are heard.

Required;