Author Topic: Race Wednesday 3/1/2017  (Read 1650 times)

90 Todd Robillard

• Global Moderator
  • Crew Chief
Date -3/1/2017
Track - Texas
Server - stockcarsimracing.com Wed
Password - none 
Series - Iron Man Racing Series
Mod - rFactor2 Stockcars
Yellows - Full w/o DQ
Setup - Fixed
Weather - Fixed
Damage - 75%
Length - 107 Laps
Tires - 1X (tire rule in effect 4 on car/8 in the pits)
Tires/Fuel - 1x/2X

Practice - 8pm EDT
Server Reset - 8:50pm EDT
Qualifying - 9pm EDT
Race - 9:15pm EDT

Server is up any time you want to practice before the race. Hope to see everyone there!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 01:06:34 AM by 83 Don Kelligrew »
System Specs: Windows 7 Pro, i7-3770 Quad Core @ 3.40ghz, 12GB Ram, EVGA NVidia GeForce GTX-970 4GB, Crucial CT250 200GB Sata III SSD, Verizon FioS 50up / 50down

71 Jim Barisoff

• SCSR Active Members
  • Jack Man
I got in OK after Steam installed some missing files.

Cick on Steam icon, go to Library , Games.
Right click on rFactor 2, go to properties.
Click on Local Files.
Click on Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 12:14:49 PM by 71 Jim Barisoff »
System Specs: Windows 7 64 bit,  Intel Core i5-4590 @ 3.30 GHZ, 16.0 g DDR3 RAM,  ASRock Z97 mb, AMD Radeon R9-200 video card/4GB memory,  Crucial 240GB SATA III SSD,  Internet 150mbps up/ 150mbps down.

83 Don Kelligrew

• System Specs.
  • Global Moderator
  • Car Owner
  • if at first you don't succeed, try try agsin

looks like you are missing corvette lights, should be in your main download, you may want to try verification and get the missing file
System Specs: Windows 7 64 bit,  Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.40 GHZ clocked to 4.44 GHZ,  8.0 g DDR3 RAM,  MSI Nvdia GeForce GTX960 gaming video card/2G memory,  OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SATA III SSD,  Internet 15k up/ 150k down

19 Doug Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • Car Owner
    • SimHQ Motorsports
Date - 12/21/2016
Track - Daytona International Speedway
Password - none 
Mod - rFactor2 Stockcars
Yellows - Full w/o DQ
Setup - Fixed
Weather - Fixed
Damage - 75%
Length - 80 Laps
Tires/Fuel - 1x/2X

Practice - 8pm EDT
Qualifying - 9pm EDT

Server is up any time you want to practice before the race. Hope to see everyone there!

Todd, got on the server NP and the safety car with lights is working.

-------------------------

Guys... if a problem connecting, try:

1) After installation, restart Steam and "verify integrity of the game cache". Keep running it until it completes 100%. If it hangs, restart it again and let it run. Expect it to find several files that appear as corrupted and will be re-acquired.

2) Close Steam and rFactor2. Copy your player.JSON, multiplayer.JSON, and CustomPluginVariables.JSON somewhere else outside of rFactor2 or Steam, then delete the files that are in your ..\rFactor2 > UserData > player folder.  When you start rFactor2 the next time, all 3 will be recreated. Now use Notepad to edit them to the saved JSONs. Reason you want to do this is, this update has several changes within the JSONs. If you continue to use the "old" JSONs, you will not be using the updated game information and can miss new features and bug fixes.

3) Important to read this: https://www.studio-397.com/2016/12/release-of-build-1108/   It goes through in detail what has been fixed / updated especially for StockCars.
System Specifications: Intel i7-4790K / 16GB 1066 RAM / NVIDIA 980 GFX / Samsung SSDs / Internet 50MB down, 5MB up

78 Taris Henrique

• SCSR Active Members
  • Jack Man
Is this race going to be rescheduled?
System Specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz / Cooler Seidon 120v / MoBo Intel DH67BL / 16GB DDR3 667MHz / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / Internet Velox 2MB / Windows 10 PRO X64, Vs 1607 / Wheel Driving Force GT  / Monitor LG 20"

90 Todd Robillard

• Global Moderator
  • Crew Chief
Yes it is Taris. I hope to add it to the end of the schedule.
System Specs: Windows 7 Pro, i7-3770 Quad Core @ 3.40ghz, 12GB Ram, EVGA NVidia GeForce GTX-970 4GB, Crucial CT250 200GB Sata III SSD, Verizon FioS 50up / 50down

38 Clayton Wiggin

• SCSR Active Members
  • Jack Man
    • Ansible Gaming
Yes it is Taris. I hope to add it to the end of the schedule.

Man I was leading that thing too, how unfortunate. Hopefully I can catch the make up race.

However now I'm curious if everyone is running these servers out of their homes and on what kind of hardware and internet speed they have.  :o
Call me Wiggin!
Ansible Gaming
Ansible Racing
Steam Profile
System Specs CPU: i7-4790k GPU: 980TI RAM: 16GB DDR3

90 Todd Robillard

• Global Moderator
  • Crew Chief
I am on a very solid FiOS connection and the box is plenty powerful enough to run this server on Windows 10. And I have had as many drivers as we did last night with no warp or latency issues. So I know the box and connection can handle it.

38 Clayton Wiggin

• SCSR Active Members
  • Jack Man
    • Ansible Gaming
I am on a very solid FiOS connection and the box is plenty powerful enough to run this server on Windows 10. And I have had as many drivers as we did last night with no warp or latency issues. So I know the box and connection can handle it.

??? What are the speeds on FIOS these days ? Then my next thing is the drivers from Brazil we had with us last night. Nothing against them personally but if you're claiming that you have run similar races without issues then the issue has to lie somewhere else.
Call me Wiggin!
Ansible Gaming
Ansible Racing
Steam Profile

78 Taris Henrique

• SCSR Active Members
  • Jack Man
Is possible put the server at the liveracers again  ;D ;) ?

http://ironman.liveracers.com/Live
System Specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz / Cooler Seidon 120v / MoBo Intel DH67BL / 16GB DDR3 667MHz / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti / Internet Velox 2MB / Windows 10 PRO X64, Vs 1607 / Wheel Driving Force GT  / Monitor LG 20"

19 Doug Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • Car Owner
    • SimHQ Motorsports
Not speaking for Todd, this is his turf, but there were as many people with sustained 140ms pings from other than Brazil as there was those from Brazil. Bad pings have no respect for any one location. :)

Also, what we see in-game is not always accurate. It strictly shows what the ping is to us.

I'm going to do a write-up on servers for SCSR and try to answer some of the questions. If any of you are savvy on networking technology that is not WiFi, please let me know so I can ask you some questions.
System Specifications: Intel i7-4790K / 16GB 1066 RAM / NVIDIA 980 GFX / Samsung SSDs / Internet 50MB down, 5MB up

38 Clayton Wiggin

• SCSR Active Members
  • Jack Man
    • Ansible Gaming
Not speaking for Todd, this is his turf, but there were as many people with sustained 140ms pings from other than Brazil as there was those from Brazil. Bad pings have no respect for any one location. :)

Also, what we see in-game is not always accurate. It strictly shows what the ping is to us.

I'm going to do a write-up on servers for SCSR and try to answer some of the questions. If any of you are savvy on networking technology that is not WiFi, please let me know so I can ask you some questions.

Bad ping is determined by a few factors, distance from host being one of them along with your up/down speeds and connection type. I have no idea what can realistically be done about this other then to impose ping limits to the server or within the leagues. I realize that this sounds a bit rash but either accept the limitations of hosting a server out of a residence (depending on what Todds Up/down speed is, it could be minimal) or host them on a VPS with a monthly cost attached to it.

There isn't really a "quick fix" to this. Especially if other people are having lag issues. It may come down to a personal problem the drivers needs to sort out themselves, considering this is now affecting entire races. This may sound harsh but it's the world we live in these days, technology advances and if we want to get the most out of these games and not negatively affect others experiences we have to take it upon ourselves to stay on top of it.   

Also ping by definition is the time in milliseconds that it takes for the client to send "info" to the server(in this case Todd's computer) and for it to return to the client. It measures the round-trip time for messages sent from the originating host to a destination computer that are echoed back to the source.

Feel free to send me any question you may have Doug, I may be of some assistance.

-Wiggin
Call me Wiggin!
Ansible Gaming
Ansible Racing
Steam Profile

83 Don Kelligrew

• System Specs.
  • Global Moderator
  • Car Owner
Is possible put the server at the liveracers again  ;D ;) ?

http://ironman.liveracers.com/Live

That may be adding to the server issues, I tkink Todd would have to make the call on that one
System Specs: Windows 7 64 bit,  Intel Core i7-2600k @ 3.40 GHZ clocked to 4.44 GHZ,  8.0 g DDR3 RAM,  MSI Nvdia GeForce GTX960 gaming video card/2G memory,  OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SATA III SSD,  Internet 15k up/ 150k down

83 Don Kelligrew

• System Specs.
  • Global Moderator
  • Car Owner
Date - 1/4/2017
Track - Pocono Raceway
Password - none 
Mod - rFactor2 Stockcars
Yellows - Full w/o DQ
Setup - Fixed
Weather - Fixed
Damage - 75%
Length - 80 Laps
Tires/Fuel - 1x/2X

Practice - 8pm EDT
Qualifying - 9pm EDT

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 04:36:04 AM by 83 Don Kelligrew »

78 Taris Henrique

• SCSR Active Members
  • Jack Man